USAID/Pakistan recently awarded the Louis Berger with a three (3) year Punjab Youth Workforce Development Project (PYWD) to work with at-risk youth in Multan, Lodhran, Muzaffargarh and Bahawalpur to secure gainful employment and play a positive role in their communities. The Program will facilitate employment opportunities for 10,000 youth (of which 35% will be women) who will implement the following activities: a) proactive community engagements to mobilize at-risk youth; b) institutional capacity building and re-tooling of over 22 public/private vocational training providers; c) co-opting of prospective potential private sector employers for trainee placement; d) career counseling services; as well as e) providing access to finance for youth entrepreneurs.
We are looking for a Community Engagement Coordinator to support Community Engagement component of the PYWD project.
The Community Engagement Coordinator will directly report to the Community Engagement & Gender Expert and will be responsible for the following:
- Assisting in planning, designing and conducting community engagement activities with special focus on gender inclusion with the Community Engagement & Gender Expert.
- Provide support in overseeing the process of identification of active, functional and reputed COs in four districts, i.e. Multan, Bahawalpur, Muzaffargarh and Lodhran, in collaboration with PYWD partner organizations.
- Facilitating the PYWD partner organizations in establishing formal relationship with identified COs in collaboration with the Community Engagement & Gender expert.
- Support Community Engagement & Gender Expert to guide PYWD partner organizations to hold consultative meetings with COs to get feedback on selection criteria of potential youth to be provided training and placement.
- Facilitate in supervising the process of identification of potential youth (minimum 35% female youth) from the communities as per pre-set criteria.
- Making sure in time registration of selected youth in MIS.
- Assisting in supervising the process of organizing Reflect Circles at community level.
- Providing support for guidance of PYWD partner organizations in facilitating Reflect Circles in analyzing local situation to identify local problems and possible solutions of identified problems.
- Assisting in facilitating Reflect Circles in developing linkages relevant local authorities.
- Providing support in facilitating PYWD project partners and Reflect Circles to design community engagement events at the local level.
- Providing support to PYWD partner organizations for planning of gender inclusive community engagement events at the local level.
- Assist in facilitating PYWD project partners in holding District Level Events for Community Engagement.
- Provide support in facilitating PYWD project partners and Reflect Circles to Leverage PYWD Project by connecting existing programs, business and enterprises
- Assist in facilitating PYWD project partners to identify high schools to link them with training institutes.
- Facilitate in overseeing exposure visits of school students to training institutes.
- Assist in facilitating PYWD project partners for establishing coordination mechanism between schools and training institutes.
- Assist in supervising the dissemination of behavior change communication material among communities.
- Providing support and input for designing media events for community engagement.
- Assist in supervising the social media campaign for promotion of project activities.
- Assist in supervising the process of sending alerts of jobs and training opportunities to the communities through SMS, IVR.
Qualification: Minimum Graduation (preferred in Social Sciences)
Work experience: 4-6 years
- · Specifically in development sector with communities.
- · Experience in assisting in conducting community engagement activities at local level.
Languages: Professional reading and writing skills in English and Urdu are required. Ability to speak the local languages Punjabi, or Seraiki, is preferred.
Skills & Competencies:
1. Possess strong analytical and writing skills.
2. Ability to present technical information in concise written and oral form.
3. Ability to coordinate programs and visits independently.
Resident of South Punjab shall be preferred and Females are encouraged to apply.
Candidates profiles will be reviewed after 10 days of advertisement posting until an appropriate candidate is found.