USAID/Pakistan recently awarded Louis Berger with a three (3) year Punjab Youth Workforce Development Project (PYWD) to work with at-risk youth in Multan, Lodhran, Muzaffargarh and Bahawalpur to secure gainful employment and play a positive role in their communities. The Program will facilitate employment opportunities for 10,000 youth (including 35% women) will implement the following activities: a) proactive community engagements to mobilize at-risk youth; b) institutional capacity building and re-tooling of over 22 public/private vocational training providers; c) co-opting of prospective potential private sector employers for trainee placement; d) career counseling services; as well as e) providing access to finance for youth entrepreneurs.
The Program Assistant will be required to provide specific logistical and administrative support to the Project. Work will include a broad range of responsibilities such as coordination of all upcoming meetings, assistance with trainings, liaison government and stakeholders and scheduling of meetings, preparing agendas, responding to routine business association correspondence, researching background materials for the trainings, and responding to visitors and telephone calls. May exercise considerable judgment and discretion in completing assignments.
Tasks and deliverables:
- Interacting and dealing with Pakistani and American counterparts, other agencies and companies via telephone, e-mail and personal visits for training issues.
- Organizing and maintaining an accurate filing system for documentation including Minutes of Meetings, handouts, request forms, records of attendance to events, correspondence and evaluations. Filing will be kept up to date, accurate and easily retrievable.
- Assisting to manage the training events and other activities and helping with all aspects of successful event delivery as needed.
- Managing the administration of in-house training events and meetings.
- Preparing training handouts, flyers and program presentation content, as requested.
- Preparing evaluation reports completed in a timely manner.
- Assistance with minutes of meetings, monthly reports and other special reports as required.
- Translation of documents as needed.
- Any other duties as requested by senior management.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- 2-4 years of work experience.
- At least a BA in administration or related field.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good organizational and record-keeping skills.
- Excellent word processing skills.
- Excellent MS Office skills.
- Ability to create and maintain databases.
- Proficiency in use of spreadsheet (Microsoft Excel).
- Ability to use Internet.
- Problem-solving skills.
Candidates profiles will be reviewed after 10 days of advertisement posting until an appropriate candidate is found.