DRC is an international non-governmental organisation, which promotes and supports durable solutions for refugees and internally displaced people in more than 30 countries world-wide.
DRC has established an operation in Pakistan in December 2010 in order to contribute to the flood recovery response, as well as part of a regional program addressing Afghan displacement in close coordination with its programmes in Afghanistan, Iran and Tajikistan. DRC office in Pakistan is established in Peshawar with approximately 80 national and international staff.
Programme components include support to Afghan refugees through Protection and Livelihood activities. DRC has a long-term view to its programming in Pakistan and expects to grow significantly in a relatively short period. The current DRC projects are funded by international recognised donors such as UNHCR.
At least 7 years of relevant experience with the contractor(s) and consultant(s).
- Desk review of project proposals (BoQs, drawings, cost calculations)
- Site validations of proposed projects and feasibility assessment,
- Revision of BoQs, drawings, workplans and budgets, as required,
- Monitoring of work progress of construction works and networks on site,
- Monitoring of quality and compliance with building codes on site,
- Verification of completed construction and installations on site,
- Writing of reports and requests for clarification in English,
- Technical advice to operations managers and implementers,
- Any other relevant duties as directed by the supervisor.
The expected starting date of the project is 1st November, 2013.
Female potential applicants are encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be called for Tes/Interview.
No TA/DA will be admissible to the shortlisted candidates(s) called for Test/Interview.
|B.Sc (Civil Engineering)||Bachelors Degree (4 Years)||Pakistan||Having atleast 7 years of relevant experience with the contractor(s) and with the consultant(s).|
|Interpersonal, Communication and Other|| Excellent || Proficiency in local languages (Urdu/Pashto(Speaking,Listening/Understand)) and English (Speaking,Listening/Understand, Writing)
Mobility: Travel throughout KPK province and some FATA agencies.
Command on Computer software: MS Office, MS Project, AutoCad etc|