DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Planning and Implementation:
1. Backups revamping Processes & Planning work sheet.
2.Supervision of technical document writings relating Datacenter Operations, like SOPs, CRFs, URFs, Backup documents and others.
3. Continuously improve overall operations and inquiries / incidents / problems resolution processes ensuring overall improvements of Back-end operation's performance.
4. Optimal use of Storages.
5. Systems and storages Availability upto 99.99% with defined SLAs with different vendors.
6. Optimization of the systems OS parameters.
1. Performance of wide range of system administration duties including installations, debugging, overall maintenance, stable upgrades, general support, System state Backup management and parametric performance tuning of IBM AIX Servers.
2. Management of SAN Storage from box to host mapping with vendor expert’s coordination.
3.Management of SMTP server with proper anti- Spamming and antivirus solution incorporation.
4.Proactive monitoring of servers and services for high Availability.
5. Administration of DNS servers for domain resolutions.
6. Ongoing working on systems performance optimization, analyzing and minimizing the bottlenecks.
7. Management of VERITAS Netbackup Server's Media Allocation and Volume Pools.
8. R&D on Systems, Storage & Backup Management side for materialization of standards and optimizations.
10. Providing 2nd / 3rd level support to processes related to IT Infrastructure inquires / incidents / problems / breakdowns.
11. Evaluation, testing and deployment of all software and hardware upgrades on the server infrastructure and Management of DHCP server.
12. Working on Storage Management on OS layer in coordination with Database and Application teams.
13. Expertise of Unix/AIX/Linux based platforms system administration.
14. Proven Experience in clustered storage management at box as well as host end.