Under the overall supervision of the Program Manager, and in direct supervision and directives received from the Programme Engineer, the incumbent will be responsible for assisting the Program engineer in overall coordination and management of technical engineering activities of program in FATA.
Specific duties and responsibilities include:
- Assisting the field technical staff in assessment, planning and implementation of Infrastructure projects.
- Assist the field technical team in drawings, designing and estimation of infrastructure projects.
- Reviewing the Technical Budgets, Design and estimates for Infrastructure Projects.
- Assist Programme Engineer in providing technical support to the field offices on regular basis.
- Assist the logistics department in reviewing the bidding documents.
- Induction orientation to new technical staff on budgeting, design and estimates and SOPs.
- Liaise with other sections of the Program for improved coordination related to the Program Technical Unit.
- Liaise with field offices to obtain information on program related Technical matters and follow-up with recommendations;
- Act as 2IC to Program Engineer and participate in the weekly Head of Units meeting in absence of Program engineer.
- Assisting the Operations department in technical review of new grant Ideas.
- Assist and facilitate trainings and meetings for the capacity building of Technical Staff
- Participate in field monitoring of the Infrastructure Projects
Qualification and experience
- Bachelors Degree in Civil Engineering or BTech Civil with at least 4 years experience in related field.
- 2-3 years Experience in AutoCAD, Estimating Costing and Technical Reporting of Civil Engineering Works.
- Language Fluency in both oral and written communication in English, Pashto and Urdu.
- Local candidates of Federally Administered Tribal Areas (FATA) areas will be preferred.