Purpose of the position:
This position will be responsible for implementation of the social mobilization strategy at the Village & UC level.
- To represent & introduce WVP into communities, its goals and objectives in the emergency activities to ensure confidence building and smooth entry within communities
- Conduct Broad Based Community Meetings (BBCM) at the grass root (village) level.
- Register Community Volunteers and maintain Volunteer Database.
- Formation of village committees to ensure participation in emergency activities.
- Work closely with Community Volunteers and build the capacity in social mobilization to encourage community participation in relief activities.
- Conduct data verification (data collection & general vulnerability information of WV targeted communities) of data utilized in programme planning and implementation.
- Liaise & co-ordinate with all stakeholders at UC/Village level.
- Document and submit reports as required in a timely manner to concerned bodies.
- Organize volunteer acknowledgement ceremonies at the UC/Village level.
- Any task assigned by supervisor.
Qualification, Skills & Experience:
- Bachelors Degree preferably M.A/M.Sc in Social Work/Sociology, Anthropology & Rural Development.
- 2-3 years’ experience in emergency relief/participatory development in NGOs, INGOs & Government Agency. Masters Degree holders will be given preference.
- Strong skills in communication, negotiation, mediation and coordination both oral & written and knowledge about the local culture.