Under the overall supervision of the Program Manager and in direct supervision of the Security Assistant and Security Officer the Guard Supervisor will perform the following duties;
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervise all guards, including Special Guards and the counter surveillance guards.
- Responsible for ensuring the correct implementation of all security procedures and security orders.
- Takes a daily accounting of weapons and ammunition held by the Special Guards.
- Conducts regular inspections of all posts where guards are deployed.
- Provides guards with regular situation briefings and updates as required.
- Ensures all guard posts are properly staffed and reports any shortcomings.
- Ensures that all CCTV cameras, security lighting, and compound perimeter security measures are operational and reports any shortcomings.
- Reports to the Security Officer/Security Assistant all violations of security SOPs by staff, guards, or visitors to the office compound.
- Ensures proper handing taking during relief of Guards.
- Ensures maintenance of the Visitor Log, HSRD Log, and Security Incident Log.
- Initiates the Monthly Surveillance report.
- Any other duty /task given by Security office.
Qualifications and Experience
The minimum qualification for the position Guard Supervisor is Intermediate with three years relevant work experience. The guard supervisor is expected to maintain a neat and professional appearance at all times. He will be required to work outside under all weather conditions. Basic written and spoken English is essential and having computer skills will be an advantage.