- At least 5 years of experience in the area of Disaster Risk Reduction/Management preferably with UN agencies and/or national/international NGOs.
- Must have requisite knowledge, skills and expertise to undertake CBDRM trainings
- Minimum 3 years of experience in implementation of emergency response capacity building projects as training coordinator and have experience of management and implementation of capacity building initiatives preferably at provincial or national level
- Have prior experience of assisting in developing DRR/M training material to impart trainings at provincial or national level, including course curriculum, trainer’s manual, participant workbooks etc
Masters degree in Social Sciences or equivalent with minimum 5 years relevant experience. Preference will be given to candidates who posses experience of working with leading public and sector disaster management and other relevant institutions/departments.
- Excellent spoken, written and communication skills in English and Urdu
- Ability to work under pressure and difficult conditions
- Demonstrates integrity by modelling the UN values and ethical standards
- Ability to work effectively and harmoniously with colleagues
- Displays culture, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
- Treats people fairly without favouritism
- Shares knowledge and experience and contributes to IOM practice areas and actively works towards continuing personal learning and development
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Focuses on impact of result and responds positively to critical feedback
- Builds strong relationships with internal and external actors
- Ability to supervise, direct, coach and mentor staff
- Knowledge of UN rules and regulations is an advantage
- Knowledge of local area and community is essential
- Experience in emergency and post disaster area is required
- Excellent project management, reporting, time and resource management, interpersonal, business communication, negotiation and advanced computing skills including MS-Office applications
Proficiency in English and Urdu is essential. Knowledge of local languages is an advantage.
Under the overall supervision of Chief of Mission, and in accordance with directives received from the Emergency Operations Manager and the Programme Officer, the Disaster Risk Management (DRM) Training Coordinator will support in implementation of IOM’s activities under One UN Joint Programme Component DRM and the Early Recovery Framework for Sindh Floods (2012).
Provided below are the key responsibilities of DRR/M Training Coordinator:
- Assist in planning and organizing DRR/M orientation in the field prior to training sessions.
- Coordinate and oversee organization of various DRR/M training programmes including but not limited to Community based Disaster Risk Management (CBDRM), Camp Coordination and Camp Management (CCCM) and Safe Shelter.
- Deliver lessons and conduct practical’s as assigned by the Programme Officer and Capacity Building Officer, utilizing appropriate trainings aids during DRR/M trainings in the field
- Assist in developing training curricula and materials for DRR/M trainings.
- Coordinate ongoing training and follow up with administrative and finance units for ensuring smooth running of projects
- Coordination with vocational training sectors and other long term training and education stakeholders
- Support the devising, reviewing and revising of objectives, approaches and programme activities on an ongoing basis
- Monitor and evaluate all training activities
- Prepare trainings and field mission reports
- Ensure adherence to IOM operational policies, procedures and standards of conduct
- Perform any other task assigned by the supervisor