Purpose of Position:
1. Contribute in measurable ways to WV Pakistan’s goal of achieving positive social change leading to a more equal and just society for Pakistan’s children that is consistent with our Vision and Mission, Core Values and Policies.
2. Creating opportunities for open and dynamic dialogue leading to greater mutual understanding among staff with different ethnic/religious backgrounds.
3. To facilitate and collaborate on peace building and conflict resolution activities for staff, children and communities with the Resilience and other departments.
4. To develop and integrate initiatives that nurture spiritual formation of World Vision staff.
5. Develop partnerships with churches and other faith based organisations and liaise with leaders of different faiths in Pakistan on common issues related to their faith.
6. Holistic integration of the Christian and faith identity of World Vision Pakistan into all WV activities.
- Inspire a safe and secure culture of inter-faith discussion and mutual understanding rooted in a deep understanding of our own and our colleagues’ faiths.
- Work with staff and in the programme to ensure that the faith-inspired rejection of violence and celebration of religious, ethnic and cultural diversity are central dialogues within all that we do.
- Constantly learn and innovate in using a wide range of current best practice in participative, active adult learning techniques for fun and thought provoking faith-related workshops and discussions.
- Formulate multiple years strategy and annual operational plans for the Faith & Development programme
- Ensure excellent financial and practical management of all projects under the Faith & Development programme.
- Coordinate with People and Culture department in establishing staff recruitment standards to ensure the spiritual commitment of prospective employee and to assist in their orientation.
- Work with management at Area Integrated Programme and national levels to evaluate annual Faith and Development strategies and operating plans.
- Facilitate and attend regular Reflections and participate in other organizational events
- Support new international arrivals in their orientation into the faith context in Islamabad
- Coordinate spiritual life development retreats and the annual World Vision Day of Prayer
- Coordinate with WV Pakistan Advocacy team, Resilience department (ipacs) and Operations Department emphasizing inter-faith, peace building and conflict resolution
- Develop and implement targeted strategies to engage FBOs in our shared ministry with the poor
- Develop and maintain relationships with leaders of ecclesiastical and other FBOs in the country for engagement and mutual understanding
- Participate in national, regional, and international interfaith and justice and peace conferences
- Submit reports to directly to the National Director, and technically to the Regional Director for Faith & Development
- Perform other duties as assigned by the National Director to enhance World Vision’s core values among staff and partners
Close collaboration with Spiritual leaders, FBOs, World Vision Senior Management Team, department heads, project managers as well as with all employees in various departments and offices
Reports directly to the National Director
- A commitment to life-long learning and innovation.
- Personal commitment to Christ and proven church/Christian leadership experience
- A full commitment to World Vision’s ethos, philosophy, core values and humanitarian mandate
- Full adherence to World Vision Pakistan Child Protection, Code of Conduct and Conflict of Interest policies
- A degree from a recognized university or seminary
- At least three years experience in ecumenical, FBO leadership and development work
- Exemplary character, interpersonal relationship skills and willingness to learn, with excellent interpersonal and cross-cultural communication skills
- Good understanding of and respect for diverse religious organizations in the country and ability to effectively work with different doctrines and traditions
- Ability to communicate with people from different backgrounds, cultures and level of authority.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Urdu and one or more regional Pakistani languages
- Ability to work in a team.
- Computer literate in Microsoft Office, Lotus Notes or similar database, email and Internet.