Duties & Responsibilities
The Area Project Manager (APM) under the LFL project and will be responsible for the overall project activities in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa. The Area Project Manager will be based in Peshawar and will be responsible for:
- Implementation of the “Livestock for Life” project in respective areas of intervention in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.
- Staff orientation & management on project goals and objectives for overall project accomplishments.
- Planning & follow up of the project activities with implementation strategy for successful completion.
- Coordination & Liaison with line departments (Health, Education, Livestock & Dairy Development (research and extension), Animal Quarantine, Wildlife, Forest/Agriculture and concerned Universities.
- Strengthening the sustainability of the Zoonosis control committees at districts and provincial level in coordination with DPM’s and PM accordingly.
- Proper coordination with Program Manager & feedback on University research support & centre of excellence programs and follow up in ensuring cold chain facilities under the project.
- Organizing workshops/seminars and managing field activities & training events for the target beneficiaries (Agro/Livestock farmers, Community Animal and Public Health workers, government officials) in coordination with Program Manager & District Managers of the project.
- Monitoring, Coordination & feedback of overall progress, issues and other important tasks/activities assigned by Program Manager.
- Compilation of case studies and developing success stories on local myths and indigenous practices for raising awareness and sharing with different stake holders for encouraging behavior change.
- Developing extensive messages for mass awareness on various zoonotic diseases and related issues/diseases in consultation with Program Manager and line departments.
- BFU (Budget Follow Up) in relation to program activities & project inputs in coordination with Program Manager, Finance, HR & Logistics departments.
- Timely submission of the bi-weekly, monthly, quarterly & final project reports to the PM and reporting section.
- Assist in formats development for collection of baseline data, carrying out need assessment and conducting KAP surveys in the ongoing project activities or future programs as and when required on need basis.
- Proposals writing & developing concept notes in accordance to the project theme or relevant areas.
- Appraisal & Evaluation of the staff/employees on performance basis.
- Any other official responsibility assigned by the Program Manager /Senior management for strengthening Livestock for Life project both in KP and Balochistan province.
- DVM/Advanced degree in Animal Sciences /MBBS-MPH/Epidemiology /MPH & Rural Development for exceptional candidates.
- Must have knowledge of Zoonotic diseases, its impacts and health safety & hygiene measures for diseases minimization.
- At least 5 years of progressive experience and proven track record of relevant competence and working with INGOs.
- Experience in program development and management, program planning and reporting.
- Ability to work with a multi-ethnic team in a culturally appropriate manner.
- Experience of working in unstable or conflict affected areas and willingness to perform duty in very remote areas with limited services and amenities.
- Working experience and coordination with international and national NGOs and government line departments.
- Must be able to work independently and together with the project team.
- Must have adept knowledge of computer applications and softwares (MS Word, MS Excel & Power point).
- Strong leadership, communication, and project management skills.
- Understanding of the poverty and development issues in Pakistan.