Purpose of the Position / Overall Task
The Site Engineer is responsible for the day to day Monitoring and Evaluation of the DKH Housing/Infrastructure Implementing Partner in collaboration with the Project Engineer.
He will ensure the quality of construction and their consistency with the standards and guidelines of Diakonie Katastrophenhilfe.
He/She will be contact person for the implementing partner (IP) on site and therefore responsible for the IPs technical capacity building.
- Provide all necessary support and guidance to the Implementing Partner to ensure that projects meet their stated objectives within the timeframe and on budget;
- Ensure accountability to beneficiaries, gender sensitivity, and inclusion are adequately addressed in programming;
- Ensure technical quality and accuracy of IP project reports.
Assessments and Analyzes
- Support the Program Manager Construction and Project Engineer in the activities related to the department day to day
- Support the PE in the entire project verification process
- Coordinate closely with the local community
- Carry out the monitoring of the project activities implemented by the implementing partner (IP).
- To set up BoQs, schedules, price estimations etc.
- Support the PE in revision of construction drawings
- Support the PE in the project evaluation process.
- Ensure quality control of material and buildings constructed.
- Ensure construction takes place in line with the drawings
- Ensure that correct construction technique in construction is utilized.
- To be contact person in the field of intervention for beneficiaries, IP, local authorities and other stake holders.
- Accompany project visitors to the field when required, in consultation with the Program Manager Construction
- Participate in the Sector Work Group (SWG) coordination meetings for rehabilitation and reconstruction to strengthen the DKH network in the field of construction if requested
- Carry out the monitoring and evaluation of the construction partner (IP) and of construction activities to ensure transparency and the possibility for timely intervention
- Work in close collaboration with other team members and DKH employees of other departments.
- Diploma of associate engineer (DAE)/B-Tech pass
- Minimum 3 years experience in a similar position in housing projects
- Good oral and written English