Position Summary: This position is responsible to provide support for the effective implementation of communication strategy at country, with well-defined responsibility for its maximum impact and continuous improvement at the Provincial and District level and assist in planning, implementing advocacy and communication station and to support work related to enhancing organization’s credibility and branding.
Reporting and Supervision: Communication and Outreach Director
Specific duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Stakeholder Relationship Management
Establish good interpersonal relationships with all the employees and stakeholders
Be responsible for assisting in the production of advocacy and social mobilization material, communication products and material in a timely manner to support the SCRP.
Production of Advocacy and branding material
- Be responsible for planning and implementing provincial and district communication strategy under the guidance senior management team, Director Communication and Provincial Director
- Media B-rolls and mobilization activities for effective advocacy of the SCRP implementation.
Social Mobilization Activities
- Extend professional expertise for linking SCRP to a large number of supporters and assist in developing, drafting, documenting and updating communication products on key milestones,
- To help build a positive narrative on the SCRP story for dissemination to a larger audience
- Assist in promotion of social mobilization activities, building partnerships to stimulate community engagement and PTCs active participation and sense of ownership in the school management and to enhance enrollment and retention of students
- Be responsible for the production of communication products in a timely manner and synchronize it with the Communication Strategy to produce Education Friendly information packs, fact sheets and development of a set of actionable messages.
- Assist in drafting, editing articles, human element stories and advocacy material for both web based and print and electronic and social media; Produce situation analysis, reports, information and communication material.
- Assists in organizing special events, awareness creation activities, trainings to support programme delivery.
- Provide accurate and timely activity-based reporting as per project SOPs: weekly, monthly, quarterly etc.
- Provide informative, timely and effectively presented written reports/numerical data as required.
Minimum Qualification and Experience required:
- Master in Mass Communication (preferred) and Master in social sciences.
- 5 years progressively responsible information and communication work
- Proven professional knowledge of communication methodology, practices, and practical application at the provincial and district level.
- Knowledge of current theories and practices in communication research planning and strategy.
- Technical competence in producing content for various media formats --print audio, video web and social media.
- Fluency in spoken and written English, fluency in regional language an asset
- Computer software skills for word processing, spreadsheets, webpage etc.