Background: The position is for an international development project working to deliver social infrastructure across Pakistan.
Position Summary: This position is mainly responsible for entering a large amount of financial data accurately into the financial management system, organisation and management of data. Daily tasks will also include, but not be limited to creating purchase requisition orders, preparing, updating and processing purchase orders, supports procurement team for invoice processing (manual / MIS), coordination with contractors for invoicing, assist in procurement and contract related activities, supports Contract Engineers in weekly progress reporting and assist in document controlling.
Reporting and Supervision: This position will report to Project Manager.
Specific duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Customer Relationship Management
- Establish good interpersonal relationships within the Infrastructure Engineering, CPMU and Provincial Teams.
Financial Management System
- Process transactions using Financial Management System under the supervision of the Procurement Officer and Management.
- Process PRF & Purchase orders.
- Enter data into the Financial Management System accurately and efficiently
- Ensure data in the system is up-to-date at all times.
- Process invoices in close coordination with Procurement team, Engineers and Contractors.
- Use of MIS for invoice processing.
- Documentation / Record keeping of soft and hard copies of documents (contracts, invoices, etc.)
- Assist contract manager / project manager in maintaining the bank guarantees record and issue timely notices to contractors to avoid expiry of guarantees
- Assist contract manager / project manager in conducting regular performance evaluation for contractors and consultants.
- Provide accurate and timely activity-based reporting as per department SOPs: weekly, monthly, quarterly, etc.
- Provide informative, timely and effectively presented and written reports/numerical data as provided.
Minimum Qualification and Experience required:
- A Bachelor Degree in Civil Engineering.
- Master Degree in Construction Management, preferred.
- Minimum 3 years, Civil Engineering experience, at a renowned Engineering Consultancy Firm or Contracting firm, with at least one year experience in an engineering Contract department.
- Experience with International firms, advantageous.
- Practical knowledge of databases and data management systems, such as financial management systems and Management Information system.
- Sound Written and spoken English, as well as local language(s);
- IT Literacy: Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, Powerpoint; Primavera P6, Microsoft Project.
- Practical Knowledge of taking of sheets and preparation of BOQ’s.
- Well versed with PEC Contracts, By-laws and FIDIC IV document
Note: Shortlisting can be done anytime before the deadline of the advertisement.