World Vision Pakistan needs the services of Tailoring (female consultants who will train women at community level for two weeks for contributing towards the achievement of Output:3. 50 Flood affected micro and small entrepreneurs from four villages in KPK facilitated with cash voucher grants and business skills to establish small and micro enterprises. 50 micro businesses established.
- To build capacities of the targeted group of 16 Women in tailoring (cutting, designing and sewing) for establishing and competing in the existing marketing competitors/enterprises.
- To enhance skills of potential entrepreneurs in production, operation, management and marketing of tailoring.
The training will be conducted at a central suitable place available. For the purpose, the area of project is segmented into two clusters. Cluster 1 (Sheikhabd Nista of District Charsada) and cluster 2 (Chowki Darb of District Nowshera). The trainees will come to their respective clusters.
This training will be interactive and trainer will directly educate trainees on different stages of tailoring. World Vision will provide all prerequisite material. Trainers will ensure to capacitate trainees until they get complete understanding of tailoring, production and marketing within a period of 14 days.
Deliverables and responsibilities of Consultant:
- Conduct of training in designing, cutting and stitching using methods and tools in accordance with current practices and standards. The training session will run for 5 hours daily.
- The training sessions will be conducted by the master trainers in Pashto (local language) for the understanding and convenience of participants.
- It is expected that the trainer will encourage female entrepreneurs to actively participate and to make sure that the trainees are able to learn the skills through a positive learning environment. Whenever possible, the trainer will address the needs of the group and individual participants, particularly in terms of session schedule and methods.
- Together with WV Pakistan project staff, the trainer will finalize the training schedule that will ensure effective learning takes place. Trainer will be responsible to keep daily attendance record.
- Consider any feedback from WVP and make changes to the training methodology as appropriate and agreed upon by both parties.
- To capacitate tailoring group about complete stages (cutting, sewing and designing).
- To capacitate tailoring groups with different color combination techniques and designs.
- To submit two comprehensive training reports on WVP’s standard format after completion of first and second round of training
- Liaise with the WV Pakistan focal person to identify any problems or issues that may be arising and to provide updates on the progress.
- If required by WVP (due to weather constraints, security problems or other scheduling conflicts) the training days may be shifted to another available date within the consultancy period (including weekends).
- The consultant will agree to be available on any day during the agreement period and will not agree to any other consultancy work offered by any other organizations.
- Boarding, lodging and transport of the consultant will be the sole responsibility of the consultant.
- The consultant will not share and disseminate the information with other organization and/or for any purpose in any form without the consent of the WV Pakistan.
- The consultant will submit training report in English/ Urdu language along with annexure(s), if any, after 05days. The training report will be reviewed by WV Pakistan and may be sent back to consultant for further review and flourishing in light of observations and comments
Deliverables and responsibilities of WV Pakistan:
WV Pakistan is responsible to provide the following components for the successful implementation and completion of training in targeted villages:
- WV Pakistan will arrange required reasonable location/space during course of training.
- Provide necessary materials and tools for training.
- Ensure appropriate number of trainee’s presence in training.
- Work out a plan of monitoring of training activities.
- Provide a contact person to address any concerns or difficulties the trainers may encounter and to oversee the entire training process.
- Provide any financial agreements that are stated in this ToRs.
- The project staff will collect progress reports on regular basis from trainers.
Provision of transport from office to training venue and training venue to office after day off will be the responsibility of World Vision Pakistan. However the consultant will manage her own logistics from her hometown to WVP Peshawar and is not entitled for any financial claim in this regard.
Knowledge, Experience, skills and abilities:
- Higher secondary school certificate with at least 2 years’ experience of conducting training on tailoring.
- Excellent communication, report-writing skills.
- Knowledge of local language Pashto is mandatory and knowledge of Urdu will be an added value. .
- Willingness and physical fitness to work in hard environment.
- Sensitive to local culture and gender practices in the areas.