As part of the ACF-Pakistan WASH operational areas, the Water Supply Engineer will be overseeing/supervising all technical activities related to water supply/Quality and will ensure the efficient and smooth execution of the WASH projects in ACF targeted areas.
MAIN TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Carry out (participate) in baseline assessments for water supply at the assigned sites.
2. Help and plan Water supply related activities at the assigned sites.
3. Supervise and monitor day-to day activities in collaboration with the skilled technician.
4. Forecast and manage the delivery of the equipments and materials needed on the site in close collaboration with the immediate supervisor.
5. Ensuring the contractors work (if needed) in accordance to the standard and work plans
6. Ensure safety procedures and rules are respected in the field by all workers.
7. Represent ACF with different stakeholders at field level.
8. Maintain good communication with beneficiaries and partner organizations on the field
9. Perform other work - related duties and responsibilities as may be assigned by the Supervisor.
B- Human Resources
1. Ensure the good respect of working conditions while in office or in the field, especially the respect to ACF code of conduct and standard operating procedures for the area of operation and safety rules on the construction sites.
Internal & External relationships
• Coordination with the other program sectors for better integration and quality implementation of the project.
• Local governmental and non-governmental partners : exchange of information, coordination, training, supervision, influence on choice of technical options
• Local representative of village organization: exchange of information, sensitisation and develop better understanding in community for proper beneficiary selection and implementation.
• Daily field activity report
• Construction planning and BOQs
• Monitoring reports of construction work
1. Diploma of Associate Engineer in Water or related Field with excellent knowledge of water supply.
2. At least 2 years experience in related activities.
3. Experience and understanding of community mobilization in relation to water supply activities
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
• Good command of English and the local language.
• Ability to work well in a team in difficult circumstances.
• Preference will be given to candidates from Local District