Under the overall supervision of the Program Manager, and in direct supervision and directives received from the Program Engineer, the incumbent will be responsible to review, verify, validate and recommend civil works payments. Assisting Program Engineer in Coordination and management of technical engineering activities of Program in FATA.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
The Quantity Engineer responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Assist the field technical team in drawings, designs and estimation of infrastructure projects.
- Assist in reviewing Bill of Quantities, Budgets, Design and estimates for Infrastructure Projects.
- Regular coordination with field technical staff regarding technical issues and implementation constraint. Assist Program Engineer in providing technical support to the field offices on regular basis;
- Reviewing and evaluation of addendum/Change Orders of ongoing grants.
- Review, verify, and validate contractor payment/bill documents.
- Active participation in pre qualification of contractors and preparation of evaluation report of pre qualification.
- Assist the logistics department in reviewing the bidding documents.
- Liaise with other sections of the Program for improved coordination related to the Program Technical Unit.
- Liaise with field offices to obtain information on program related Technical matters and follow-up with recommendations;
- Assisting the Operations department in technical review of new grant Ideas.
- Assist and facilitate trainings and meetings for the capacity building of Technical Staff
- Perform other related duties as required.
Qualification and Experience
- Bachelors Degree in Civil Engineering with four years relevant experience
- Experience in assessment, Estimation, budgeting, billing/payments of Civil Engineering and Engineering Works.
- Language Fluency in both oral and written communication in English while working knowledge of Urdu and Pashto will be an advantage.
- Females are encouraged to apply.