Pak Plus is a non-profit, non-governmental organization supporting people living with HIV & AIDS (PLHIV) in Punjab, Pakistan. It was founded in 2002 in Lahore by a female PLHIV in response to the growing number of infected people, facing stigma and discrimination due to their HIV status.
Pak Plus Society is going to scale up care and support program for People Living with HIV (PLHIV) under Global Fund Round 9 at Dera Ghazi Khan and would provide comprehensive care and support services to PLHIV.
- Conducts counseling session and assesses clients’ needs, make and document referrals as needed
- Administers pre- and post-tests. At the pre-test counseling session conducts risk-assessment with the client to obtain risk history and demographic information for reporting purposes
- Upholds and ensures confidentiality related to the clients/program/organization
- Ensuresnon-discriminatory and non-judgmental conduct in accordance with theorganization’s policies
- Develops and maintains related database, reports and records.
- Provides assistance to the Project Manager and CEO
- Participates in programs, meetings, trainings and other organizational activities as per instructions and requirement
- Understands and follows program operating policies and procedures
- Encourages and maintains the Center's mission of hospitality and empowerment through person-centered relationships
- Assesses potential candidates for individual counseling and support groups
- Ensures and provides a healthy tone with the clients, their families and colleaguestroubleshooting problems as they arise
- Follows and interacts with current participants of the target Communities (receiving or have received individual counseling or group support)
- Provides outreach, education, counseling, and testing services for individuals and groups at high risk for HIV & AIDS and other STIs.
- Participates in the identification of individuals and groups in the community at high risk for HIV & AIDS and other STIs;Provide education to individuals and groups related to HIV and other STI
- Assists in the development and distribution of educational materials.
- Provides partner referral services. Contact individuals identified as positive for HIV or other STIs and provide education, counseling, referral and partner referral services.
- Initiates action to comply with other grant contract provisions in order to meet established objectives
- Conduct counseling sessions at community level
- Conduct home visits with project team
- Supports project manager in monitoring and data verification
- Any other task as directed by the Project Manager and CEO
- Masters degree in Psychology
- Minimum one year professional experience in handling and managing counseling work
- Sufficient knowledge, experience and sensitivity about HIV & AIDS and PLHIV issues
- Ability to analyze problems and provide systematic solutions in line with established policies/procedures
- Experience working with the local organizations preferred
- Willingness to travel as and when required.
- Flexible, motivated team player.
- Fluency in Urdu and Local Languages of DGK
- Good communication and facilitation skills on sensitive topics.
- Project Manager, Admin andFinance Officer, Project Staff and CEO
- UN agencies, INGOs , Local NGOs, PACP, NACP, CRS, Hospitals, HIV treatment centers, PPTCT centers.