Job Title: Assistant Manager M&E and Communication
Reports To: Manager M&E and Communication
Duty Station: ASF Regional Office Faisalabad, Pakistan
Age Limit: 35 years
Job Summary & Specific Responsibilities:
Reporting directly to the Manager Monitoring & Evaluation and Communication the incumbent supports the development of proactive and effective communications. The incumbent assist to create news releases, bulletins, brochures and other written materials. The Assistant Manager M&E and Communication helps to ensure that programs are planned and implemented using internal and international M&E standards, systems and procedures, with a particular focus on building capacity, designing systems and formats, and ensuring the appropriate dissemination of information
- Assist in day-to-day management of the ASF Regional Office, including updating, content development, maintenance and ongoing monitoring, gaining input from other ASF regional staff as necessary.
- Sourcing primary and secondary data.
- Sub-editing and proof reading articles.
- Writing articles and post event reports.
- Sourcing and formatting images, maintaining a data bank of activity pictures.
- Liaison with external advertising, design and printing contractors
- To coordinate the production of other internal and external ASF communications, publications and materials (updates, news releases, bulletins, brochures , leaflets, flyers ) etc. under the Manager’s supervision and in consultation with other ASF staff
- Prepare PowerPoint presentations.
- Assist to develop, implement and maintain a “house style” in all ASF written communications
- To contribute to planning of and arrangements for ASF events, in particular regarding the design and production of materials
- To represent ASF at internal and external events as required
- To support ASF senior management and external public relations consultants in developing media strategy, drafting press releases, speeches, responding to media enquiries and building dialogue with journalists
- To Support communications objectives and communications plans
- Draft “final evaluation reports” (FER) based on prescribed format after visiting a grant sites for verification of indicators.
- Share observations from monitoring visits with supervisor if findings demonstrate questionable actions.
- Serves as primary point of contact for Grants Officers when developing impact assessments, success stories and weekly reporting.
- Serve as primary point of contact for Grants Officers if additional information is needed to close grants
- Represent the program positively and professionally in both internal and external environments.
Qualifications / Experience
- The candidate should possess a Masters Degree in Social/Management Sciences/Business/Statistics with 3-4 years experience in relevant field, out of which 1 year’s experience should be of independently managing communications affairs of an organization, preferably in development sector. Knowledge of communications-related regulations and procedures of international donors will be a plus. Experience of working with International NGOs, donor agencies, or other reputed international development organizations will be an added advantage
- Excellent writing and communications skills in English required. Demonstrated writing skills for publication required
- Requires an understanding of inter-related work processes to be able to adapt to differing assignments
- Specific experience of effective media relations, including building and maintaining relationships with journalists, researching stories, identifying media angles, organizing press conferences and writing press releases, planning and managing public events, managing the production of printed material, including brochures, leaflets; briefing third party designers/printers to ensure corporate brand and style is met
- Knowledge of local press, professional & ethical standards of publications, laws affecting publications, and other relevant laws
- Computer skills to produce effective spreadsheets, reports, documents and presentations. Experience of working on publishing, graphics and other assignment-related software preferred.
ASF is an equal opportunities employer.