RedR and the work we do
Each year millions of people around the world are affected by natural disaster and conflict. RedR is the leading training and recruitment charity working in the area of international disaster relief. We provide training, consultancy and support to relief organisations and their staff around the world, improving emergency response and assisting people affected by disaster. Through building skills and training people in countries where disasters occur, we make a lasting impact on the ground. We recruit experienced relief workers following major global emergencies and advise potential new relief workers, ensuring skilled professionals are always available to respond.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage course bookings, and correspond with external clients to provide information related to training events, handle enquiries, book places.
- Responsible for processing information for training courses including; participant statistics, evaluation forms
- Follow up with participants on training impact where required
- Assist operations manager in providing accessible, reliable and readily available information of RedR Pakistan programme.
- As part of the office team, assist with general administrative duties including answering incoming phone calls, hosting visitors, supporting volunteers etc.
- Act as the main contact for staff and contractors for IT issues in the office
- Responding to requests for IT support in the office.
- Installation, security, maintainenance and updating of network, system hardware and software.
- Implement agency IT policies and guide users about appropriate usage of equipment and relevant software
- Arrange timely replace of hardware and periodically check equipment for smooth operation.
- Maintain and secure proper documentation of IT inventory & network including IT systems, hardware, software, peripherals and software codes.
- Ensure timely backup of user’s data and emails.
- Making sure IT support to all users and updating all systems requirements.
- Close cooperation with RedR HQ to maintain remote server and email service.
- Installation and updating of firewalls and antivirus systems
- Liasie with RedR’s IT and Facilities Manager and RedR’s IT contractor, RCS, on It issues that require additional support
- Network with and where necessary elicit advice and guidance from in country NGOs
- Catalogue, maintenance and administration of loan equipment
- Any other reasonable tasks or duties as required by the line manager or organisation.
- Graduate in Computer Science / Information Technology
- 2 years practical experience in relevant field
- Well conversant with internetworking environments running TCP/IP on wired and wireless networks
- Installation & troubleshooting of hardware and software
- Working knowledge of Windows XP/2003 and Windows 7, Windows Server 20083, Exchange Server 2010, Office 2003/2007
- Must have good interpersonal communication skills including written and spoken English.
- Strong inter-personal skills.
- Commitment to the values and work of RedR
- Prior experience of customer service will be an asset
Period Fixed term to 31 December 2012 (subject to funding)
Grade Grade 3
Salary PKR 31,625 per month starting salary
Other As defined in our standard contract terms
Expectations, Authority and Accountability
What we expect of you
- In a professional and diligent manner, to carry out the work specified in this job description and the specific tasks as agreed in the annual plan and reviewed periodically with the line manager
- To work as part of the staff team to achieve our organisational goals.
- Communicate regularly with key colleagues through regular reporting, by email, phone and occasional face-to-face meetings
- Adhere to our principles and values.
- Maintain and develop your own effectiveness, including taking responsibility for your health and general welfare and investing in your own professional development as it relates to our vision and mission.
- Be prepared to adapt to the changing environment that we, as a developing organisation, may experience.
- Bring to our attention issues of concern that could affect our ability to achieve our objects, including our support of you in your own role.
What you can expect of us
That we act as a good employer, abide by the principles of the People in Aid code and provide:
- A salary and benefits package that is fair, competitive, affordable and in keeping with RedR’s charitable status.
- Reasonable resources to do your job (office, equipment, budget etc), within our constraints
- Good induction, ongoing support and appraisal (including financial and time resources for your own professional development) from your manager
- Support and teamwork from your colleagues in a lively and professional atmosphere
- Working towards our mission bearing in mind our vision. The post-holder functions with authority from the Line Manager.
Limitations to Authority
- The IT/Admin Assistant shall operate within the parameters of the Strategic and Operational Plans and within good practice as understood in the sector and developed by the organisation. These limitations will be reviewed periodically.
Accountability in this relationship is mutual. The Operations Manager is accountable to the IT/Admin Assistant to provide support, guidance and resources and to relate to the post-holder in a manner consistent with our values. The IT/Admin Assistant is responsible to the Operations Manager for performance according to the expectations of the post and for operating within the authority delegated.