- Masters degree in social sciences, health, MBBS, MBA,MPH or related field
- Minimum 5 years of Program management experience focused on HIV and AIDS in a relief/development context, out of which 3 year must be INGO
- Demonstrated strong ability with project grants management, including project design, budget preparation, expenditure tracking, monitoring and evaluation, reporting, etc)
- Proven experience in all aspects of project management, including project design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation, budget management and report writing
- Proven experience managing a team
- Experience of fund raising
- Ability to represent CRS in high level meeting with Government and donors
- Proven experience managing public-donor funded programs
- Experience in capacity building and working with local organizations
- Ability to manage and mentor diverse staff in multiple locations and apply solid performance management principles
- Demonstrated ability to provide leadership in strategic planning initiatives and manage staff in program implementation.
- Experience with institutional strengthening and partnership building.
Essential Personnel Skills:
- Computer literate ( Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, Internet explorer)
- Excellent analytical and writing skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ready to travel to remote areas of Pakistan for extended periods, as well as travel domestically upon short notice
- Fluent in written and spoken English, knowledge of local languages especially Sindhi will be an asset
- Training and facilitation experience, including designing training contents
- Experience with participatory approach to community development
The Senior Program Manager will continue the implementation of high quality HIV and AIDS programming through the provision of technical guidance and capacity building of CRS staff and local implementing organizations. The Senior PM will also build strategic partnerships with stakeholders in the HIV/AIDS sector, including donors. Additionally, the Senior PM will support and participate in activities to contribute to country program growth in the Health sector and specifically in HIV/AIDS.
- Manage Global Fund grant for CRS Pakistan Global Fund Round 9 Project on HIV and AIDS
- Ensure the implementation of high quality programs by supporting current partners through regular field visits, sharing of best practices, and developing external linkages as appropriate;
- Provide staff development opportunities for the HIV and AIDS team specifically with the Project Officers Service Delivery and Project Officers ( M & E) including acting roles in times of absence;
- Provide overall support to the CRS Pakistan Program and projects ensuring high quality programming;
- Work with CRS Pakistan as member of Senior Management team for developing concept notes and Project Proposals;
- Provide support to region on HIV and AIDS Programming as needed;
- Work closely with Finance Department for effective use of budgets and also coordinate with Program Managers on budget management;
- Monitor the activities and progress of project partners with particular attention to lessons learned for dissemination. Compile monitoring reports with recommendations for follow-up action.
- Facilitate CRS administration of HIV/AIDS, projects through completion of project agreements; processing requests for disbursement of project funds; and reviewing financial and narrative reports.
- Build the capacity of partner staff and strengthen partner systems through mentoring, training, facilitation, fundraising, and exposure visits.
- Work collaboratively with the Programming team to prepare program guidance and strategic documents such as the Annual Project Planning and Strategic Planning.
- Work closely with Project Officers, M & E for specific M & E data related to Global Fund Project
- Work with HIV/AIDS team and partners in acting as a sounding board, assisting in reviewing HIV/AIDS project proposals/documents and refining existing HIV/AIDS programming;
- Manage HIV/AIDS budgets
- Assist CRSPK HIV/AIDS program to scale up or enhance current activities;
Technical Assistance and Capacity Building
- Advise the CRSPK team on HIV/AIDS issues, including acting as point person for increased awareness of HIV in the workplace.
- Provide guidance on integration of HIV/AIDS awareness in other key programming areas
- Engage in reviews of regional HIV/AIDS project proposals as needed.
- Ensure adherence to CRS Program Quality principles, including application of CRS guidance such as ProPack throughout the project cycle.
- Assist CRSPK staff to understand and mitigate the HIV related risks and threats inherent in Program interventions
- Provide technical assistance to CRSPK HIV/AIDS partners in the development or strengthening of relevant and practical HIV/AIDS policies for beneficiaries, including protection from harassment and discrimination, preservation of confidentiality, access to information and training, and assurance of access to a manageable level of treatment;
- Assist country office to develop training program of CRS staff on HIV/AIDS;
- Identify specific HIV/AIDS technical needs of CRS partners staff and organize relevant trainings throughout the country;
- Organize appropriate exchange visits between country program and partners;
- Lead and/or provide proposal development assistance as needed across programs.
- Develop and maintain relationships with NACP, PACP, UNAIDS, UNICEF, CCM, local and international NGOs, as well as other key stakeholders.
- Develop new initiatives or develop new partnerships on current projects according to the HIV/AIDS Strategy. Ensure program design integrates Program Quality Principles.
- Develop linkages with donors and identify funding opportunities for CRS Pakistan;
- Assist Director of Programming in identifying potential funding opportunities and promoting CRS HIV/AIDS Programming where appropriate.
"The Senior Program Manager, HIV and AIDS may be called upon as part of their roles and responsibilities to participate and/ or provide support in emergency response situations when and where required in consultation with their supervisor."
Key Working Relationships:
Internal: Country Director, Head of Programming, Senior Program Managers
¨ Team Leaders and staff in :
a) Education Program b) Drought Program c)Field Offices d) Institutional Strengthening e) Monitoring and Evaluation
f) Finance & Administration
External: NACP, PIMS, Shaukat Khanum, HIV and AIDS treatment centers in all four provinces, PACPs, UNAIDS, UNICEF, CCM, Global Fund LFA, Partner staff, United Nations, INGOs and other agencies.
Disclaimer Clause: (Must be at the end of each Job Description) this job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.